Germany and Finland are announcing a Call for Proposals for joint R&D projects, focusing on developing innovative products and applications in all technological and application areas but with a priority on Health and Digitalisation and Information Technology (incl. service, platform development).
Applicants are expected to develop products, technology-based services or methods which will in subsequent steps generate sustainable solutions with market potential.
Business Finland and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy through its Central Innovation Programme for SMEs (ZIM) will provide access to public funding for joint projects.
Business Finland and AiF Projekt GmbH (Project management agency for the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy) will assist project partners with basic formal information during the project proposal, evaluation and monitoring phase.
Project results will have to contribute to the development of commercial products, processes and/ or technical services. The project proposals have to comply with the following guidelines:
- The consortium has to include at least two independent enterprises (SMEs), one from Finland and one from Germany, which contribute considerably to the project. Participation of research institutes and other companies is welcome as additional participants (in Germany) or subcontractors (in Finland) according to each country’s funding regulations.
- Companies and/ or research organisations from other countries may also participate. These partners’ participation is not funded by Business Finland or ZIM.
- The project should have an obvious advantage and added value resulting from the cooperation between the participants from the two countries (e.g. increased knowledge base, access to R&D infrastructure, new fields of application, etc.).
- The project must demonstrate equal contribution of the participants from both sides, and the project must be equally significant to all participants. In a project with twocooperating partners, one partner is not allowed to hold more than 70 percent of the person months of the project. In projects with more than two partners no partner may contribute more than 50 percent of the work. In case one or more research organisations are involved in the consortium, they are altogether not allowed to hold more than 50 percent of the person months.
- Project duration should not exceed 3 years.
Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the aforesaid criteria can apply to the present announcement in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect.