The Latin America and the Caribbean region (LAC) encompass a huge diversity of landscapes and ecosystems and is highly heterogeneous in terms of economic development and social and indigenous history. The region faces serious challenges such as climate change and natural disasters; and under conditions of population growth, urbanization and industrialization efficient environmental policies and programs are required to sustainably manage the natural resources. This calls for experts they be familiar with the culture, language and politics of both sides and are skilled in intercultural communication – in short, professionals with lateral understanding and trans-disciplinary approaches for a sustainable development.
The ENREM Master Program is the first postgraduate course that was established within the framework of the anchor country strategy of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Mexican National Council for Science and Technology (CONACyT).
Scholarships are provided by:
The Mexican national Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT)
Living expenses for German scholarship holders:
- Regular monthly scholarship (beca normal) included Mexican public health insurance for the first two semesters in Mexico.
- During the 3rd semester in Germany they do not receive scholarship
- For the 4th semester, they can be reactivated the regular monthly scholarship CONACyT, if they to carry out the field research in Mexico or Latin America, and write the master's thesis in Mexico and defense.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
For German scholarship holders:
- Regular Monthly scholarship for Mexico during the first, second and fourth semester (only in Mexico or LAC countries).
- During the 3rd semester in Germany they won’t get any scholarship.
- German health insurance during the period in Mexico
- Travel allowance for the flight to San Luis Potosí, to Cologne, to the Master Thesis and back to the home country for defence (depend of DAAD decisions)
There is no additional application required to apply for the scholarships.
Scholarship considerations will be evaluated according to specific requirements of the Scholarship donors.
Acceptance to the master's program does not guarantee a scholarship.
The number of DAAD (full) and CONACYT (partial) scholarships is limited.